The Mi 9 is the company’s first smartphone to pack Qualcomm’s latest chipset – the Snapdragon 855. The new processor and graphics are pretty exciting even if 5G isn’t part of the package.
Just like the Mi 8, the Mi 9 employs the dual-glass sandwich design with a metal frame sitting between two sheets of Gorilla Glass. The AMOLED screen grew taller, while the notch and the bezels have shrunk. And now there is an under-display fingerprint sensor on all version, previously available only on the Mi 8 Pro.
Probably the most interesting bit of the Mi 9 is its main camera – the first triple setup on a Xiaomi phone ever. It’s the most versatile kind too – a regular snapper, an ultra-wide cam, and a 2x zoom shooter.
The Mi 9 supports faster wired charging than the Mi 8, but more excitingly it comes with the faster wireless charging of any phone to date, rated at up to 20W. The software package befits a flagship too – Android Pie with MIUI 10. Before we continue let’s have a closer look at all the Mi 9 highlights.
Xiaomi has never launched a certified waterproof smartphone and if you expected the Mi 9 to have an IP rating – we have to disappoint you. The other less than ideal bits are the lack of a 3.5mm audio port and stereo speakers. Even the Pocophone F1 had two speakers, so why the cutting-edge Mi 9 lacks those is rather hard to explain.
Xiaomi was never big on memory expansion so the lack of a microSD card slot is more or less expected.
Xiaomi Mi 9 specs
- Body: aluminum frame, Gorilla Glass 6 front, Gorilla Glass 5 back;
- Display: 6.39″ Super AMOLED, 2,340×1,080px resolution, 18.7:9 aspect ratio, 402ppi; HDR 10 and DCI-P3 compliant.
- Triple rear camera: Wide – 48MP f/1.75, 1/2″, 0.8µm pixel size, laser and PDAF; Telephoto – 12MP, f/2.2 aperture, 2x zoom; Ultra-wide – 16MP, f/2.2 aperture, 1.9µm pixel size; 2160p@60/30fps.
- Front camera: 20MP, 0.9µm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture; 1080p/30fps video recording.
- OS: Android 9 Pie; MIUI 10.
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 855: octa-core CPU (4×2.84 GHz Kryo 485 Gold & 4×1.7 GHz Kryo 485 Silver), Adreno 640 GPU.
- Memory: 6/8GB of RAM; 64/256GB storage; no microSD slot.
- Battery: 3,300mAh Li-Po (sealed); 27W wired (Charge Turbo) and 20W wireless fast charging.
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM; LTE-A, 4-Band carrier aggregation, Cat.16/13 (1Gbps/150Mbps); USB-C; Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac; dual-band GPS; Bluetooth 5.0
- Misc: Under-display fingerprint reader; single down-firing speaker; no 3.5mm jack
this article from Gsmarena.com